It’s a new idea that is going to work to increase your core body temperature and create a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level. It’s anti-aging and restorative. While calling for larger studies, even Mayo Clinic says studies have looked at “chronic health problems, such as high blood pressure, congestive heart failure and rheumatoid arthritis, and found some evidence of benefit”. Here are 5 great reasons to give it a try.
1. Pain Relief: The heat of an infrared sauna works to heat you – not the air around you. It penetrates joints, muscles and tissue to help you heal. Infrared saunas have been shown to help produce white blood cells. That can alleviate inflammation and reduce swelling. You’re helping the white blood cells go to work to heal you and you’re reducing swelling. Inflammation and swelling are two of the major factors in producing pain.
2. Improve Circulation: It the same effect as when you exercise. As your muscles warm up, it increases blood flow. Increased blood flow means your body can work more effectively to reduce toxins. Studies have shown that regular infrared sauna use in the mid-range can increase blood flow to as much as twice the normal rate.
3. Your Appearance: Infrared sauna purifies and helps to improve overall skin tone. Your skin is going to be softer, smoother and firmer. Elasticity and clarity will improve. Not to mention, that you’re going to be relaxed and happy after your sauna. You’ll look better and you’ll have a smile on your face.
4. Lower Blood Pressure: All that warmth is going to dilate your blood vessels, reduce their inner lining and increase your circulation. That helps you have a healthy blood pressure and that’s a very good thing since high blood pressure can lead to many health problems from heart disease and stroke to kidney disease.
5. Weight Loss: You really can sweat it off! Clinical studies have shown that infrared saunas aid in both weight loss and in reducing lower waist circumference – that problem area that can spell health problems. The results were shown after just a three-month period of regular infrared saunas.
Relax and improve your health – it’s a great combination. If you’ve never tried an infrared sauna maybe the time to give it a go is now. Infrared saunas may be available at your favorite massage spa – after all they’re the people who are dedicated to making your feel your best! So, it’s a natural. Give them a call today.