Lash extensions are literally a hair (or a fake hair) at a time. The extensions are glued to your individual lashes one by one. You can choose the shape. Here are 5 things to know before you head for an eye lash extension spa.
1. How Will They Look? They’ll look like luxurious, thick, long, natural eyelashes – that’s why you’re going! You can focus on fullness or length or both. Want your eyes to appear larger? Ask for eyelashes that are longer in the middle of your eye. Want the natural look? Your stylist will follow your existing lash line. Longer at the outside edge is a sexy look or you can go glam with thick, long eyelashes. Talk to your stylist about the look you want.
2. What Does It Feel Like? Believe it or not, many women take a nap while their eyelash extensions are being applied. It takes a bit over 2 hours for your first full set as a rule, and you have to have your eyes closed, so why not get some refreshing shuteye? Your eyes shouldn’t tear so if you have any tearing or discomfort, let the stylish know. You may need them to modify the application.
3. Yes, You Can Shower. Your stylist is going to ask you to wait 12 to 48 hours before you expose your new eyelashes to water or heat. After that, go back to your normal routine looking better than ever!
4. Yes, Be Gentle. You love your new look. You feel sexy and attractive. You want those extensions to last as long as possible so be gentle. If you’re still going to use mascara, just apply it to the tips. Don’t use waterproof mascara as it’s harder to remove. Try sleeping on your back or arrange your pillows so your eyelashes are off the edge, not rubbing on the pillow or mattress. Stay away from oil-based face products that could break down the adhesive – or keep them away from your eyes. Dry your face gently. But, really, these are simple things – they’re not going to change the way you live your life!
5. How Long Will They Last? Your eyelash extensions should last through the normal growth cycle of your eyelashes – As your eyelashes fall out, the extension of that lash will fall out, too. But how long they last really varies with lifestyle and proper care. If you want to keep that full, lovely look think about touchup appointments every couple of weeks.
Eyelash extensions won’t harm your natural lashes. They’ll just give you a new bright-eyed, beautiful look. Go natural. Go sexy. The choice is yours, but be sure you go to a reputable eyelash extension spa so you get an experienced stylish who will give you the look you want – one that enhances your eyes and makes you feel stunning!