It’s spring and that means spring cleaning. So start from the inside out. Here are 5 foods you can add to your diet that will help you get purify your body and get rid of toxins.
5 Foods to Help You Rid Yourself of Toxins
Spring is the time for new beginnings so if you’ve vowed to get yourself in better shape, here are 5 foods that will help you rid yourself of toxins.
1. Artichokes. You may love them – or you may have never tried them, but artichokes are rich in cynarin which is a stimulate for both the liver and the gall bladder. Plus, the contain caffeoylquinic acids which boast antioxidant and antibacterial properties and are thought to help prevent some cancers. Add that an artichoke takes time to eat so you are more likely to know when you’re full and practice mindful eating – plus, they’re packed with fiber. Put them on your spring menu.
2. Watercress. Add some to your salad – even you egg salad. Watercress is also good on sandwiches and it sounds so upscale! Can’t you picture the Queen dining on a watercress embellished dish. Watercress is part of the mustard family and is good at eliminating impurities from your body. The isothiocyanates can help you shed potential carcinogens.
3. Beets. Rich and red, beets gives you a very healthy serving of betaine which in turn will support the liver ad help you optimize detoxification. Betaine is also thought to help cardiovascular function by reducing the levels of amino acid homocysteine, with can be harmful.
4. Lemon in Your Water. Or, if you prefer, add a slice of lime instead of lemon. We all know that water is healthy – it helps us feel full and it keeps us hydrated. Now, add that slice of citrus and you’re add limonene which will increase the activity of glutathione transferase – a detoxifying element. Besides, it makes your water more refreshing!
5. Dandelion Greens. Yes – they’re edible. You can even sauté them like kale or collards. They’ve been used around the world to improve health. It’s thought they increase the flow of bile from the liver. Bile helps break down fats and improves digestion. Toss some of these green in your soups or salad.
Get ready for a healthy, fun summer. Try adding these foods to your diet, but, if that’s not enough, and you have a serious weight loss issue – look for help. If you need a quick start to get you motivated, a medical weight loss center can help. They have the medical grade diet shots and the understanding staff to take off those extra pounds for a more energetic, healthier you.