Johnathan Scott shared some of his ideas for a wonderful bedroom with the Today Show. He reminded them that they spend over one-third of our life in a bedroom and that it should be a space that feels like an escape. Here are 5 hints from Scott on how to create a bedroom that takes you away from it all.
1. Ask Yourself, does my bedroom soothe me? It should. Scott says that if you’re not ready to redecorate – declutter! The master bedroom should be an adult room – no kids toys and no “stuff”. Dedicate the room to relaxing and sleeping. Even your artwork should inspire calm and good dreams. It shouldn’t be something that gives you a nightmare or jars your senses. Think uncluttered and calm.
2. Find Yourself –and let your bedroom reflect your personal style. Not sure what that style is? Scott says search for it. That’s what the Internet is all about – good ideas. Browse through all the different decorating sites. You’re going to find thousands of photos. Print or save the ones you like best. Then, you can take your photos to a decorator or you can do it yourself and recreate the looks.
3. Relax With Colors And Light. Neon yellow may say “it’s morning” but it’s going to scream it – all day and all night. You don’t want to be jarred awake – you want a calm vibe that will help you wake up feeling good. Use calming colors like palettes of soft grays, blues, greens and whites. Again, you can use those ideas from the Internet to help you use color beautifully.
4. You Can Do It. Don’t be afraid to DIY – a beautiful bedroom doesn’t have to be a costly room. For example, simple, inexpensive curtains can take center stage if you sew on a patterned border. Scott has done it and created a designer look for about $10 a panel. You’ll find lots of DIY headboards online, too. Pick a look you like and go to work.
5. Your Bed should be the most important furniture in the room and that means it should not only give you a good night’s rest – it should look good. Scott recommends that you buy soft sheets and don’t get stuck on thread-count. Go with how they feel. Blankets and covers should be soft and full – forget thin! He says you’ll know you’ve found the right combination when you walk into the room and want jump into the bed. And, by the way, maintaining that inviting look means making your bed every day.
You’ve created a beautiful, restful room and you’re still not getting a good night’s rest? Don’t forget about the mattress! Having a great mattress to sleep on may be the most important part of making your bedroom into a restful retreat. If you’re worried about the price of a new mattress, relax. Today you’re going to find wonderful beds made of quality materials like all Latex Foam beds in the same place where you found all those good ideas – on the Internet. Best of all, these beds are affordable and they ship directly to your front door. Plus, you’ll find most come with a long trial period of 3 months or more and can be returned for a full refund. You can know the bed you buy is right for you because you can sleep on it night after night – not just stretch out for a few minutes in a store. Find your ideas –and find your new best mattress. Both are only a click away.